University and municipal government partnership: a multidisciplinary management model to face COVID-19 pandemic
The pandemic outbreak that began in late 2019, COVID-19, generated health problems at various levels, deaths and socioeconomic difficulties. To minimize the consequences of the pandemic, a partnership was developed between the city hall and the federal university of Lavras. A questionnaire was applied and after interpreting the results, it was identified that, despite the negative economic consequences, the population of Lavrense corroborates the adjustments implemented by the current management.
2. Güner, R., Hasanoğlu, İ. & Aktaş, F. Covid-19: Prevention and control measures in community. Turkish J. Med. Sci. 50, 571–577 (2020).
3. Yang, L., Tian, D. & Liu, W. Strategies for vaccine development of COVID-19. Shengwu Gongcheng Xuebao/Chinese J. Biotechnol. 36, 593–604 (2020).
4. Ribeiro, M. D. A., Silva, J. C. A. & Oliveira, S. B. Epidemiologic study of leprosy in Brazil: reflections on elimination goals. Rev. Panam. Salud Publica/Pan Am. J. Public Heal. 42, 1–7 (2018).
5. Kissler, S., Tedijanto, C., Lipsitch, M. & Grad, Y. Social distancing strategies for curbing the COVID-19 epidemic. (2020) doi:10.1101/2020.03.22.20041079.
6. Werneck, G. L. & Carvalho, M. S. A pandemia de COVID-19 no Brasil: Crônica de uma crise sanitária anunciada. Cad. Saude Publica 36, 5–8 (2020).
7. Sinclair, R. R. et al. Occupational Health Science in the Time of COVID-19: Now more than Ever. Occup. Heal. Sci. 4, 1–22 (2020).
8. Roberto Soares Scolforo, J. et al. How the environmental planning of the Universidade Federal de Lavras impacts higher education. E3S Web Conf. 48, 2–4 (2018).
9. WHO. Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19: WHO/2019-nCoV/Community_Actions/2020.3. 1–3 (2020).
10. Anderson, R. M., Heesterbeek, H., Klinkenberg, D. & Hollingsworth, T. D. How will country-based mitigation measures influence the course of the COVID-19 epidemic? Lancet 395, 931–934 (2020).